Last Thursday was a long day. I had a client call during which I had to change a poopy diaper. Then, I tried to find the source of a fire in our garage. I cleaned and swept and vacuumed and eventually discovered a giant scorched spot on the inside of the clothes dryer. Until it is fixed, I’ll be drying clothes at the laundromat. And no cloth diapering, either. In the meantime I am using disposable diapers and hang-drying clothes on hangers in the bathroom.
Which still irritates me, because we have a perfectly good washer and dryer sitting unused in our garage in Conway.
So that night I pulled out an old recipe card from my twin sister Lea for banana bread. It was the perfect antidote and the perfect complement to Thursday TV comedy night.
way to overcome + compensate, dee!
Be careful of dryers catching fire. According to a report from the US department of housing services, “Clothes dryer fires account for about 15,600 structure fires, 15 deaths, and 400 injuries annually.” I think this is one of those little known facts that needs some publicity.
I have stopped using my drier and now dry every thing on a couple laundry drying racks. I have found that it really is easy just takes some new habits and that my clothes last much longer my house is safer and I am saving money a huge win, win choice in my opinion.