Hello, friends! I hope you’re enjoying the weekend. We spent most of our day at Home Depot because… We’re building a bed for Mackenzie! Chris is doing the building, I’ll help sand and paint, and I get to sew a brand new blanket for her. We are all really excited.
While we work on that, here are a few things I wanted to share with you.
- Letters from Dad, at Time, via Lean In. Some of the stories are so heart-felt. I wonder what kind of letter Chris would write to Mackenzie. (Happy Father’s Day!)
- If there is one story I read this week that I felt like I needed to share with everyone, it’s this beautiful post by Lisa Jo Baker, affectionately known as the Gypsy Mama. Read now: For the Dog Days of Motherhood When You Want Your Money Back.
- I loved Joy’s mini-series The Art of Being a Goal-Getter
- We started house-hunting… and then we stopped. Again. I don’t know what it is, but we have just had zero luck finding a house in Nashville that meets all of our criteria. We do eventually want to buy a home again, so we’re going to get our act together and make lists like these guys — must have, would like to have, wish list.
- I made this strawberry vanilla jam this week, and it turned out amazing. You should try it. Easy peasy.
- We love making our own lemonade — strawberry mint lemonade is our current favorite. This article from Design Mom is full of tips for making awesome lemonade.
Enjoy, and have a great weekend!