Last weekend we had a haul of 8 pints of delicious, locally grow strawberries to contend with. This past weekend we outdid ourselves and picked over 22 pounds of beautiful Sweet Charlie strawberries. We spent most of Sunday washing, hulling, de-stemming, and freezing them.
We’ve no shortage of plans for them, though. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Freeze them whole.
- Make smoothie cubes.
- Make fruit leather. We’re still working on this one. I haven’t given up yet!
- Make your own strawberry pop-tarts. These are amazing.
- Make strawberry pie.
- Make strawberry sauce for this amazing cheesecake.
- Make Jeni’s strawberry ice cream.
- Make and can strawberry jam. I love this strawberry vanilla recipe.
- Make freezer strawberry jam.
- Make strawberry Popsicles.
- Make my grandma’s strawberry cake.
What is your favorite strawberry recipe?