We are always striving for that perfect weeknight meal – seasonal and locally grown ingredients, easy to prepare, and kid-friendly. This recipe makes that list.
But let’s be honest. Easy or hard, if Mackenzie loves it, it always makes the list.
Roasting the vegetables is super easy and gives you a chance to do other things. Then just toss with fresh pasta and grated cheese, and dinner is done.
(Psst. I’m using a the same recipe card plugin we use on For the Love of Peaches. Let me know what you think!)
- 2 cups summer tomatoes, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 2 cups summer squash, chopped into bite-size chunks
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan, grated for serving
- 1 package of dried pasta, like Rotini or wide egg noodles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. In a bowl, stir together the vegetables and olive oil. Salt and pepper to your taste. Place baking sheet in the oven and roast until tender but not soft, approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions and grate the cheese.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on top of the pasta, and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe is pared down for an easy weeknight dinner. You can dress it up with more veggies, fresh herbs, or a blend of different cheeses. It is also great served with a salad.